Google Search

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thank You For Being a Friend

Actress Bea Arthur, passed away this weekend at the age of 86. I remember for seven seasons, I spent Saturday nights with my grandmother watching Bea, Estelle, Betty, and Rue on The Golden Girls. Even though that may be all my generation remembers of Bea Arthur, her career spanned seven decades. From her theater work, to her role in Maude in the seventies, a liberal pro-choice, advocate of gender equality. Bea, thank you for being a friend.

2 comments:

  1. That's a very nice tribute to Bea Arthur. My memories of her are very similiar to yours.

    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up People and it has a nice article about Bea....if you want me to mail it to you let me know. margiepotter@comcast.net.

    ReplyDelete